About CIBPA Ottawa
In 1961, the Canadian Italian Business and Professional Association (CIBPA) was established in Ottawa as a focal point for the local Italian-Canadian business community. Since its inception, the organization has been a leader in the Italian community, co-ordinating the pursuit of common objectives and interests of Italian Canadian business and professional activities.
Today, CIBPA is a vibrant association that brings people together in an atmosphere that encourages the development of business and professional contacts while strengthening cultural awareness. CIBPA promotes the recreational, cultural, social, artistic, charitable, business and professional activities of Italian Canadians in the National Capital Region and also encourages the participation of Italian Canadians in the economic and public affairs of this region and Canada.
Our members represent a wide range of small and medium-sized businesses as well as large corporations and government bodies covering various sectors of the economy. Some of CIBPA Ottawa's accomplishments include:
- Leader in fundraising for special community projects such as Villa Marconi Long Term Care Centre
- Original promoters of Italian Week
- Founder and organizer of the Italian Carnevale of Ottawa (predecessor to Winterlude)
- Host of trade missions between Canada and Italy
- Organizer of the Person of the Year Dinner
- Founding member of the National Federation of Canadian Italian Business and Professional Associations
- Contributor to the 9-11 Benefit Fund and Italian Earthquake Relief Fund
- Founding member of the National Congress of Italian Canadians and the Canadian Ethnic Council
- Co-founder of the Giovanni Caboto Scholarship Fund
The Association offers its members the possibility of developing a useful network of contacts within our business and professional community. Dinner meetings are one of the more popular activities of members. Meetings are held on a monthly basis and a guest speaker is invited to discuss topics of interest with our members. Other social activities include our annual golf tournament and our Scholarship Awards dinner.
CIBPA Ottawa is the local chapter of the National Federation Canadian Italian Business and Professional Associations, with 12 chapters across Canada including Hamilton-Halton, London, Montreal, Niagara, Sault Ste-Marie, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, Toronto, Vancouver, Windsor and Winnipeg.